Restaurants in Bangalore are carving a niche for themselves in the mushrooming restaurant business in Bangalore. Though I prefer home food, I do venture out to experiment at restaurants which my dear restaurant hopping friends, Gaurav, Neeru and Sirish, highly recommend.
Kanua and Windmills Craftworks are two such eateries that I have discovered in the last 8 months. These eateries are tucked away in the corners of Bangalore's high streets, and do not advertise and completely rely on word of mouth.
Kanua, located in the bylanes of Sarjapur Road is a Konkani rooftop restaurant which has a creative and sumptuous menu. It is the perfect place to be with family and friends on a lazy weekend afternoon, without the threat of the crowd waiting to usurp your seats. My paranoia with mosquitoes has prevented me from visiting Kanua in the evenings. It has the perfect mix of menu for the herbivores and the carnivores. The desserts are delectable. I have visited Kanua 4 times in the last 8 months, and I rate it 4/5
Windmills Craftworks on the other hand is a typical upmarket restaurant, neatly tucked away into a corner of ITPL, Whitefield, and has a Jazz Theatre and its main attraction being the on-premise microbrewery. It must be the only restaurant in Bangalore to have an iPad / iOS app based menu ordering system. The menu is an interesting blend of Italian, Indian, and Mexican cuisine. It has a range of options for cocktails and mock-tails and one can sample the tap beer before ordering for one. The sample that I had a light and lingering taste. It also gives an impression that one is having food in a library as there are bookshelves all around. They served the best Creme Brulee i have ever had. A place so good, does have few drawbacks, one being the loud music (it was not turned down despite couple of requests), the waiter (the waiters were extremely courteous) was carrying an iPhone3 which had a shattered screen, and though it is advertised as a Jazz Theater, no one in the restaurant had an idea about the next live performance If your visit to Windmills is confirmed, then ensure that you book your table a day or two in advance. I rate it 3/5.
No comments:
Post a Comment